Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fluvoxamine

Third day on Fluvoxamine.  It's too soon to say anything. 

Yesterday was an awful day at school, a lot of acting out and aggressive behavior.  His mother, who is out of town, coaxed a few words out of him on the phone.  They were "I'm sad" and when asked why, he responded that "I'm afraid to die."  The bright side is that is was the closest to a conversation he's had in the last 5 days.

Otherwise, I'm still hearing the words of the infamous teaching aide emanating from my son's mouth.  Yesterday I started telling him that I don't need to hear any more of the words of the aide.  I need to hear his words.  I said that I knew what she said made him angry and that he thought she was wrong and stupid.  I reiterated that I need to hear from him now.  Not her.  I spent about 15 minutes on that bender.  Every time he said one of her phrases I said those were her words not his and that I needed to hear his words.  I said that he was my was son and not she.  He eventually fell asleep.

When he awoke in the morning he was drowsy, although as far as I could tell he slept all night.  He was mostly quiet but soon started in on the "aide phrases".  I reminded him that I didn't need to hear those anymore - I needed to hear his words.  Then he just said them in a lower voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment