Sunday, October 2, 2011

More Words

Yesterday there were 4 violent outbursts.  Blind rage and anger at the now infamous teaching aide.  I got in his way and was clawed, scratched, kicked, hit and almost bitten.  Each time I wrestled him to his room where his tantrum continued, highlighted by door kicking and shrieks and tearing of paper and notebooks.  I was convinced the Geodon was to blame and wanted to drop it to 0mg (from 20mg).  The Psychiatrist suggested that the withdrawal side effects, even from that low dosage could be problematic.  I agreed to cut it to 10mg (by cutting the capsule in half, tossing the powder from one half and giving the other half to my son).

This morning when he awoke, my son was still muttering and pacing.  He followed instructions as usual to come and eat breakfast.  I sat and watched him in silence.  He looked at me and said "Daddy, your eye is red."  And indeed it was from my rubbing it to disperse some minor irritation.  Never have 5 words excited me so.  The he got up and walked around some more.

He then approached our house guest (who perhaps is owed a blog of her own) and said "I love you" and had a short conversation with her about death.

I looked in his room and saw that he attempted a floor puzzle.  In addition, he seems to be trying to color a little - and keeping in the lines, too.

He's still pacing and muttering (the usual phrases) but there are 4 faint glimmers of hope in a single morning.  Yet the day is long and just now started....

No comments:

Post a Comment