Monday, October 17, 2011

Heading to a Dead End?

My son had a sort of rough weekend.  He was mostly non-communicative and often aggressive as we tailed off the Fluvoxamine.  He slept little Saturday night and eventually really fell asleep around 6am.  He awoke at about 2pm on Sunday and was quite lucid and conversational.  He helped himself to food and cleaned up after himself and went on facebook for a while.  This lucidity lasted for a few hours and towards evening, he then regressed to being non-conversational.  He had a few moments of lucidity during the evening and one moment of serious aggression.  He slept OK. 
 
When he woke up, (well, when I woke him up), he was again mostly non-communicative.
 
Because of his late start yesterday, I didn't start him on the Effexor until this morning.  I read on the web that this drug is the chemical equivalent of electroshock therapy and that it is a drug of last resort.  That last bit has me worried.   

No comments:

Post a Comment