Saturday, September 17, 2011

Meltdown

It's been about 8 days with no Prozac.  While generally things have seemed pretty good, tonight was as near a nightmare as I have experienced.  During the day, my son was lethargic and uninterested.  He slept pretty much the whole day.  Ate a lot when he was up.  Asked a lot of questions about death.  I got him to leave the house with me for some errand running for a couple of hours but that was as engaged as I could get him.

It seems though that there's something about nighttime that emphasizes the awful.  He started having tantrums.  Loud, near violent ones.  He was throwing pillows and hitting the walls. He broke a lampshade.  When I got near he would grab me and grip my arms or legs and squeeze. I was able to shake him off (but not calm him). I couldn't get him to answer why he was so upset.  I couldn't even get him to acknowledge that I had asked a question.  He was going on about how he was mad at some teacher who told him that everyone was mortal and going to die (about 8 months ago).

I had to lock him in his room.  He is calm right now but I feel like he could explode at any moment.  At some point, he will fall asleep.  I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment